Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Breaking most of the rules...

My mom had an appointment today so that means no one was monitoring my every move. So I broke a lot of rules today. First thing, I took a quick shower but didn't wash my hair. I feel so fresh so clean. Next up, a nice cold drink. I love me some Veryfine Fruit Punch. Lunch, I had a large cheese pizza and French fries. Oh boy! It was greasy and fatty heaven making up for the past two weeks of blandness.  

I hate to admit it but the steam bath is very beneficial during the one month confinement.  Steam bath (song) is a vietnamese remedy for a lot of things. It cures the common cold, congestion and lots of other conditions. There are certain batches of herbal formulas that you use for certain ailment. For me, my parents got the postpartum recovery ones from the medicine and herb store in Chinatown.

If you are battling with your parents and your generation cultural beliefs, forego the other shenanigans and just do the steam bath unless you like being trapped and cared for a month.  It's just like a steam room but in a more confined space under a blanket and have a funky smell.  It's very refreshing and cleanse your skin along with blood circulation.  Also, the insane amount of sweating does help with bringing the body back into shape. It's been 17 days and I've lost 3.5 inches off my waist and that's from being a lazy person and lounging around.  I also use a belly bandit and a warm water bottle for the belly but I think it mostly due to the steam bath.


No comments:

Post a Comment